Saturday, October 18, 2008

What Happened To My Monopoly Playing Cat

So,someone asked me what happened to my cat that beat me at monopoly,good question.But just to let you know right off the bat, I did not begrudge my feline friend for his good fortune in board games.How could I ?He was a great pal,an Egyptian mau that never told any of my secrets,endured my endless whining throughout the ninth grade,tolerated my twisting and turning as I slept,and greeted me everyday as soon as I walked through the door after a long day of school.
Okay,okay,I admit he wasn't the epitome of perfection,he had a few shortcomings.He jumped on the counters,stole a fried egg directly off my father's plate( gobbling it down within seconds),he had a slight addiction to food,and he would always place a paw over one of my siblings' mouths when he tired of their yapping.Not to mention he hid behind doors and under furniture vigilantly waiting for an unsuspecting human to pounce on,he always took great joy in attacking me first thing in the morning.But I'm getting off track,back to what happened to the cat.
Well,it was towards the latter part of my freshman year of high school.My parents convinced me to allow him to become an indoor/outdoor cat.Although,I strongly protested my mother and father let him outside while I was in school.For some reason my cat never came back and although I madly searched I never found him.There are two theories as to what became of him.The first is that our neighbor,a middle-aged woman with a fluffy ,white cat of her own stole my cat.It's not that farfetched since she always seemed so fond of him.The second theory is that he joined a rough crowd of alley cats and ditched his life as a pampered housecat.
Although I still have old photos of him I've become the human companion of a pair of black and white kittens.They steal food,sleep on all of the furniture,and pounce on eachother instead of me.And no,they don't play monopoly or any other board game.


All Comments Welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment