Thursday, December 11, 2008

Welcome Winter,Welcome Cold

Winter comes but once a year,
Bringing ice and snowy gear.
Necks are wrapped with scarves and turtles,
Holiday feasts bring the need for girdles.

The wind grows cold so feed the fire,
While I'm at it better chain the tires.
On my sidewalk I slip and fall,
Giggles are stifled as to my mailbox I mutter and crawl.

My bones as brittle and icy as twigs in a blizzard,
Maybe I'll move to Arizona and settle for lizards.
Flakes tumble,glide,and blankets unfold,
Oh well,welcome winter,welcome cold.

All Comments Welcome

1 comment:

  1. A very well written poem in simple language.It shows the eagerness with which winter is welcomed.It would be appreciated if you can visit the following link and give your comments.
    http://www.xpertika.com

    ReplyDelete